SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2021, 2 –5:30 P.M.
Let’s hike together! All ages are welcome on this 3 mile roundtrip hike to Twin Falls as we take time to connect, move and pray in nature after church. We’ll meet at the trailhead at 2 p.m. and finish by 5:30 p.m. Bring your water, snacks and appropriate gear - we recommend good hiking shoes, layers, sunscreen and a hat.
Questions? Contact Emily Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Twin Falls:
- Distance: 3 miles round trip
- Highlights: Hike through a moss-laden forest to a 150-foot waterfall. See detailed description here.
- Rating/Difficulty: ****/2
- Elevation Gain/High Point: 500 feet/1,000 feet
- 2-2:15 p.m. - Gather at trailhead
- 2:15 p.m. - Start hike (1.5 miles to falls)
- 3:15 p.m. - Arrive at falls
- 3:15-4:15 p.m. - Reflect/pray/connect/play
- 4:15-5:30 p.m. - Hike back and send off prayer
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What pace will you be going? Our Itinerary assumes that participants can walk 40 minute/mile.
- How do I get there? Twin Falls is 45 minutes from Saint Mark’s off of I-90. Learn more about the hike and trailhead location on Washington Trails Association.
- Is carpooling available? If you would like to carpool, go for it. There is not a formal carpool arrangement.
- What should I bring? We definitely recommend good hiking boots, water and snacks. It’s a good idea to check out other recommended essentials. See this list and overview from REI: What to bring Day Hiking and other essentials
- Can I bring my dog? Yes, pets are allowed on this trail, but must be under physical control at all times on a leash no more than eight feet long. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets on all state park lands.
- Is there a pass required? Parking requires a Discover Pass. You can also purchase an annual pass ($35) or one-day pass ($11.50). Only one pass is needed per car.