DIG DEEPER EVENTS AND INITIATIVES
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22, following the Cathedral Day confirmation liturgy, about noon – Cathedral Day Smoothie Bike
- SATURDAY, JUNE 17, 12 P.M. – Juneteenth Celebration at Saint Mark’s Cathedral
- THURSDAY, JUNE 22, 6 P.M. – Dinner with the Bishop at Diocesan House in the historic Leary Mansion
- TBA – Heart of the Table Dinner & Liturgy – Location TBD
- TBA – Farm Days – Location TBD
About Dig Deeper
Come explore ways to grow, harvest, share and repurpose food in community and advocate for a more just food system. Dig Deeper will provide opportunities for young adults to produce and share nutritious foods with others while learning techniques and practices that reclaim land and restore habitats.
Dig Deeper is a food justice initiative made possible by a grant from The Episcopal Church’s Young Adult and Campus Ministry to Saint Mark’s Cathedral. Saint Mark’s is partnering with the Diocese of Olympia and Nurturing Roots Farm to create opportunities for young adults to participate in the work of food justice.
Nurturing Roots has not been able to renew their lease and will be looking for a new location for the farm. To best support their farm Nurturing Roots in this transition, we will be rescheduling new dates for farm work days (originally scheduled for April 16 and 30 and June 18). To best support Nurturing Roots in this transition, we will be rescheduling new dates for farm work days (originally scheduled for April 16 and 30 and June 18). Nurturing Roots will be onsite for Cathedral Day on Saturday, April 22 featuring a smoothie bike and information on farm fresh fruit and vegetables. . Follow and support Nurturing Roots’ displacement journey on Instagram (@nurturingrootsfarm).