WHAT IS THE CATHEDRAL FOUNDATION OF THE DIOCESE OF OLYMPIA?
- The Cathedral Foundation of the Diocese of Olympia is an independently-governed, tax-exempt organization founded in 1995.
- The Foundation is affiliated with, but independent from, Saint Mark’s Cathedral and the Bishop’s Office of the Diocese of Olympia.
- We are governed by a diverse Board of Directors including both members of the cathedral parish and members of other communities and congregations across the Diocese of Olympia.
The Celtic cross on the east façade of the cathedral building was funded by The Cathedral Foundation of the Diocese of Olympia, as part of the Living Stones capital campaign. The installation of the cross, in February of 2018, is pictured above.
WHAT DOES THE FOUNDATION DO?
The Cathedral Foundation of the Diocese of Olympia:
- ...provides funds to preserve and enhance the cathedral’s buildings and grounds today and for the future.
- ...supports the cathedral’s Planned Giving Program to increase endowment funding.
- ...manages restricted offerings in support of the cathedral’s buildings and grounds.
- ...provides disbursements to help with unplanned emergency repairs of the cathedral's facilities.
- ...makes an annual disbursement of a portion of the investment fund (typically 4–5%) in ways consistent with gifts.
- ...offers donors a pathway to affirm the value they attach to their faith community and their cathedral.
- ...helps to identify legacy donors who may be interested in membership in the Cathedral Legacy Society (for Saint Mark’s donors) and the Bishop’s Society (for anyone who includes any Episcopal ministry in their estate plans).
HOW YOU CAN GIVE:
- Bequests: Legacy gifts through your will as part of your estate planning. Learn more at the Planned Giving page.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD): Pain-free and tax-advantageous way to give charitably from your retirement account.
- Other Gifts of Investments: Easy ways to gift your stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, and bonds.
- A One-Time Donation: Select "Cathedral Foundation" from the list of options on the cathedral's donation page.
Contact the Cathedral Foundation of the Diocese of Olympia to learn more about making your planned gift:
Between 2011 and 2020, The Cathedral Foundation has made disbursements of $2,037,885 in support of the cathedral's buildings and grounds.
Whether you worship at Saint Mark’s Cathedral or elsewhere, whether you live in the Diocese of Olympia or elsewhere, if you believe in the mission and ministries of Saint Mark’s Cathedral and would like to express your gratitude, please go here to make a one-time donation, or go here to learn about other ways to give to the Cathedral Foundation of the Diocese of Olympia.