Child Care Center Team Member
Saint Mark's Episcopal Cathedral seeks warm, enthusiastic and faithful staff members to join our Children and Family Ministries team, and to support the Cathedral's mission to welcome all people to God's table, wherever they are on their journey of faith.
Successful candidates will work closely with the Director of Children's and Family Ministries as well as the Canon for Faith Formation to ensure that children are loved and cared for, child care spaces are inviting, hospitable, and clean, and parents are encouraged in their roles as primary pastors of children's spiritual lives. The Children's Ministry staff plays a critical role in welcoming, greeting, and orienting newcomers to the Cathedral, and thus should be sufficiently familiar with the campus and community to offer direction.
Specific duties include:
- working 2-3 shifts/ per month in the Cathedral child care center, which is open from 8:30-12:30 each Sunday morning, and is staffed by two ministry members at a time.
- providing assistance with set-up, check-in, and clean up in Sunday Program spaces.
- providing occasional child care for evening worship services and special events such as Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Cathedral Day, and summer camp (paid at a higher hourly wage).
- Safeguarding God's Children Certification (completed upon hiring through The Episcopal Church);
- Basic CPR for infants and Children;
- Satisfactory Background Check;
- understanding and compliance with Diocesan and Cathedral Handbooks for employees and staff working with children and youth;
- one or two references from non-related adults who know the candidate well, or who have employed the candidate for care of children.
- Ability to work and communicate well with people of multiple generations;
- Communication of needed supplies and equipment to CFM director in a timely manner;
- General Interest in Christian faith formation and the sacred stories of the Church;
- Prompt arrival and attendance for scheduled shifts;
- Evidence of maturity and independence sufficient to keep children safe and make sound decisions;
- Demonstrated understanding of emergency procedures and policies for the protection of children with vulnerable conditions including food allergies, developmental differences, and emotional dysregulation.
*a higher wage may be available to those candidates who demonstrate the leadership skills to take on additional responsibilities.
Send cover letter and 3 references to Kelly Moody, Director of Children's & Family Ministries .