Cathedral Day is a celebration of the community of the Diocese of Olympia. This is a time for fun, fellowship, and an opportunity to see Saint Mark’s Cathedral in a new light. There’s something for everyone—no matter your age!
Learn more here.
- 9 a.m. • Candidates and sponsors check-in
- 9:15 a.m. • Candidates and sponsors rehearsal in the nave
- 9:45 a.m. • Candidates meet with Bishop Rickel in Bloedel Hall
- 10:10 a.m. • Procession of candidates and parish representatives forms in front of cathedral (outdoors)
- 10:30 a.m. • Festive Holy Eucharist with Rites of Confirmation, Reception, and Reaffirmation
- 12 p.m. • Food trucks ready for lunch service
- 1–3 p.m. • Time for fellowship, and activities for all ages!
- Bounce house sponsored by Camp Huston, scavenger hunt, collaborative art project, garden activities including making seed bombs, planting, and recycled paper airplanes that will be launched from the organ loft.
- Meet New Friends icebreaker activity, music, labyrinth, Indigenous Coast Salish artist Peter Boome’s art show, tour of the mighty Flentrop organ, garden-themed photo booth