Saint Mark's Lectionary Selections
Lectionary readings for Sunday services of Holy Eucharist are sourced from Revised Common Lectionary (Episcopal edition), and LectionaryPage.net. The information below outlines how we select the readings when several options are presented, which is always done in consultation with the presider and preacher for each service.
From Sunday, November 27, 2022 until Saturday, December 2, 2023, we are in Year A of the Sunday Revised Common Lectionary (RCL).
- When the lectionary presents two tracks, we are currently using track 2.
Notes about Eucharistic lectionary years and tracks:
- Lectionary years begin on the first Sunday of Advent, and run through the week of the last Sunday after Pentecost.
- Year A of the Eucharistic lectionary cycle will run November 27, 2022 through December 2, 2023.
- Year B of the Eucharistic lectionary cycle will run December 3, 2023 through November 30, 2024.
- Year C of the Eucharistic lectionary cycle runs November 28, 2021 through November 26, 2022
- Regarding track 1 versus track 2, at Saint Mark's, we will use Track 2 (when two tracks are offered) through November 29, 2025. We will then switch to using track 1 from November 30, 2025 for the next 3 years.
Note about the Daily Office lectionary:
- We are currently in year 1 of the Daily Office Lectionary (as of Sunday, November 27, 2022)
- We will switch to year 2 of the Daily Office Lectionary on December 2, 2023 until the first Sunday of Advent 2024.
- Click here for a link to the Daily Office lectionary, or click here to read the current day's appointed readings for the Daily Office.