Saint Mark's Lectionary Selections
Lectionary readings for Sunday services of Holy Eucharist are sourced from Revised Common Lectionary (Episcopal edition), and LectionaryPage.net. The information below outlines how we select the readings when several options are presented, which is always done in consultation with the presider and preacher for each service.
Note about Eucharistic lectionary years and tracks:
- Lectionary years begin on the first Sunday of Advent, and run through the last week after Pentecost.
- Year A of the Eucharistic lectionary cycle runs December 1, 2019 through November 28, 2020.
- Year B of the Eucharistic lectionary cycle runs November 29, 2020 through November 27, 2021.
- Year C of the Eucharistic lectionary cycle runs November 28, 2021 through the last week after Pentecost.
- Regarding track 1 versus track 2, at Saint Mark's, we will use Track 1 (when two tracks are offered) through the end of Year C (last Sunday after Pentecost, 2022).
Note about the Daily Office lectionary:
- We are currently in year 1 of the Daily Office Lectionary.
- We will switch to year 2 of the Daily Office Lectionary on November 28, 2021 until the first Sunday of Advent 2022.
- Click here for a link to the Daily Office lectionary, or click here to read the current day's appointed readings for the Daily Office.