Although the cathedral building is closed, the community of Saint Mark's continues! In the words of Dean Thomason, "I wonder if we might see this time as not only a challenge but also an opportunity—to see it as being afforded a time in which life is changed, and to ask ourselves, for what purpose?"
This page will contain reflections to read, video to watch, suggestions of activities to engage in, invitations to virtual meet-ups, and more. Check back often, as new content will be added all the time. Click on the title or images to see each post's own page, or to leave a comment.
Members of the cathedral community (wherever they may be) are encouraged to join the private Facebook group Saint Mark's Cathedral Community Life during the Closure. In this group members can connect and share in a more informal way. For those who do not use Facebook, content from the group will be posted on this page regularly.
Check out these reflections from community members
- Kathy Albert: Good Friday and the Truth April 10, 2020
- Carrie Kahler: Three Poems March 28, 2020
- Kathy Albert: Prayers for Life March 26, 2020
- Dean’s Letter: One Body, Many Parts March 24, 2020
- Sonjia Gavin: Blessing and Curse March 20, 2020
- Reflections on Signs of Grace… March 20, 2020
- Amanda: “We’re all in this together” March 18, 2020
- Michael Seewer: “COVID-19 and Me” March 17, 2020
- Kelly Moody: “Everything Has Changed” March 16, 2020
- Sandra Smith: A Reflection on Social Distancing March 13, 2020