Parking is available to all for no charge all day Sundays.
Monday through Saturday, paid and permit parking is in effect. Highlights of the weekday system:
- The upper section of the south lot and the spot along the cathedral building on the north side are reserved for permit holders.
- The lower section of the south lot is paid parking. The section is marked with signs and a yellow strip painted on the asphalt.
- The paid parking time is 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. When people use the Passport Parking app or website to pay for parking, the time begins at the current time in one-hour increments (e.g., 3:47 to 4:47). There’s a pre-pay reservation period, however, from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., but the paid clock begins at 9 am.
- Visitors to the cathedral on cathedral business may be given a temporary dashboard permit. Visitor with these dashboard permits should park in a permit zone (north side or upper south lot).
Below please see a letter from Dean Steve Thomason outlining further details.
In recent years the challenges of parking in Seattle have become more significant, and so we are implementing new parking management procedures for the cathedral campus on all days but Sunday. If you only access parking on Sundays, there is no change to the open parking lots. If you intend to park on any other day, 9 a.m.–10 p.m., the following rules will apply, effective Tuesday June 25th. We are also posting additional signage to assist you in these new procedures:
- If you are a member of the Saint Mark’s Cathedral Parish, you must obtain a parking permit to be applied to your lower right windshield. This allows you to park for free in “permit zones” while on campus for cathedral-related activities any day of the week. “Permit zones” are the upper south lot and the north lot adjacent to the cathedral. There are signs designating these as “parking by permit only.” Without the permit displayed in your vehicle, parking in these areas runs the risk that your vehicle will be towed.
- Dashboard permits are available in the church office for those who have appointments with cathedral staff who will certify the temporary permit, valid for the date and time of your appointment. Cars parked in “permit zones” without authorization may be towed.
- The lower south lot becomes a “paid parking zone” effective June 25. Those wishing to park on campus for other purposes must use the lower south lot and pay for parking using the Passport Parking app or www.passportparking.com. The parking rate is $1.50/hour (total with taxes and fees amounts to $2.18/hour). The “paid parking zone” will be monitored frequently, 9 a.m.–10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and those vehicles not authorized by payment through Passport Parking risk being towed.
- On occasions when Cathedral events warrant open parking (e.g., large funerals and weddings, workshops, diocesan events, etc.) we will erect signage noting that, and parking will be open across campus for that purpose, with no payment or permits required.
100% of the proceeds of this new paid parking arrangement will be used for much needed and long-deferred parking lot improvements. And active management of the parking lots in this way will help ensure that those accessing the campus on weekdays and Saturdays will be more likely to find parking. We appreciate your attention to these details. Please let us know if you have any questions.
The Very Reverend Steven L. Thomason
Dean and Rector