SEATTLE SERVICE CORPS INVITES YOUNG ADULTS TO DEEPEN THEIR FORMATION THROUGH VOLUNTEER SERVICE, SOCIAL JUSTICE, SPIRITUAL PRACTICE AND INTENTIONAL COMMUNITY.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
A year with Seattle Service Corps is a commitment to:
- Living in intentional Christian community
- Serving 32 hours per week at a partner non-profit or church
- Engaging in regular spiritual practice, learning, discernment and formation
- Participating in the life of Saint Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral
- Building relationships and having fun on retreats, group service projects and special events
- Enjoying immediate access to Seattle’s dynamic cosmopolitan environment as well as nearby natural wonders!
CORPS MEMBERS ON THEIR EXPERIENCE:
"A year of service and intentional community gave me the freedom and support to find the ‘me’ I can be proud of and the ‘me’ God wants me to be. The bumps and reroutes along the way just make for good stories and amazing memories”
- Bailey K., 2017-2018
"When I made decisions that supported my call to chaplaincy, I was wholeheartedly encouraged and cheered on by my [Seattle Service Corps] community.
- Karen S., 2017-2018
Check out this article by Yale Divinity School-bound corps graduate Paige Foreman!