Deepening lives through volunteer service, social justice, spiritual practice, and intentional community.
Empowering servant leaders to be grounded by resilience, deepened by prayer, motivated by justice, and inspired by prophetic imagination.
A YEAR WITH THE SEATTLE SERVICE CORPS IS A COMMITMENT TO:
- Living in intentional Christian community
- Serving 32 hours per week at a partner non-profit or church
- Engaging in regular spiritual practice, learning, discernment and formation
- Participating in the life of Saint Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral
- Building relationships and having fun on retreats, group service projects and special events
- Enjoying immediate access to Seattle’s dynamic cosmopolitan environment as well as nearby natural wonders!
Service Corps members work part-time at local non-profits, such as:
These organizations generously provide services to Service Corps members:
CORPS MEMBERS ON THEIR EXPERIENCE:
"A year of service and intentional community gave me the freedom and support to find the ‘me’ I can be proud of and the ‘me’ God wants me to be. The bumps and reroutes along the way just make for good stories and amazing memories”
- Bailey K., 2017-2018
"When I made decisions that supported my call to chaplaincy, I was wholeheartedly encouraged and cheered on by my [Seattle Service Corps] community.
- Karen S., 2017-2018
Check out this article by Yale Divinity School-bound corps graduate Paige Foreman!