Living a journey of faith takes inquiry and practice to conform to Christ's way of life and be open to continual transformation. In this series, we’ll focus on what it means to deepen our faith, our practices, and our relationships as Episcopalians. Participants are invited to journey together through Lent and commit to seven formation sessions on Wednesday Evenings. Contours of the Christian Life provides further preparation for baptism, confirmation and reception into The Episcopal Church.
How is this class different from the Inquirers’ Class series?
The Inquirers’ Class series is a first step for those who are curious to learn more about Saint Mark’s and The Episcopal Church. Contours of the Christian Life builds on that foundation and provides an opportunity to continue the journey by going deeper into questions of faith. The approach of Contours of the Christian Life is inspired by ancient patterns of Christian formation going back to the early church. We encourage participation in both series if you are interested in further preparation for baptism, confirmation and reception.
How do I learn more?
Email Canon Wendy Barrie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
If you haven’t already, consider participating in the Inquirers’ Class series prior to the series, offered each fall and winter.
Watch the video invitation from Dean Steve Thomason on this page.
How do I sign up?
The registration deadline will be Wednesday, February 7, 2024.
Can I participate virtually?
We encourage in-person participation as possible to experience the fullness of the series in opportunities to share in a meal together. However, attending virtually is an option as needed.
What does it mean to be sponsored?
Sponsors accompany someone on their journey and in congregational life as they move toward baptism, confirmation or reception. Learn about others’ experiences in this handout, or watch the video below:
2024 Dates for Baptism, Confirmation, Reception and Reaffirmation
Sunday, January 7, 2024 - The Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord
Saturday, March 30, 2024 - The Great Vigil of Easter
Sunday, May 19, 2024 - The Feast of Pentecost
Sunday, November 3, 2024 - All Saints' Sunday
Dates for 2024:
- Sunday, February 11, 2024
- Rite of Enrollment at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. services
- Contours Connect: Meet and Greet opportunity at Leffler House (10:10 a.m.)
- Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - Attend Ash Wednesday service
- Sunday, February 11, 2024
- Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - Meal & "Made in God's Image" - A look at how we each see God and how that shapes our beliefs and values.
- Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - Meal & "Listening for God’s Call in Scripture " - A look at how we can read and interpret God’s word.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2024 - Meal & "Celebrate with Reverence" - An instructed Eucharist.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - Meal & "Episcopal Identity"
- Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - Meal & "Saint Mark's Identity"
- Sunday, March 24–Saturday, March 30 – Palm Sunday and Holy Week
- Saturday, March 30 - Easter Vigil and Baptisms
- Sunday, March 31 - Easter Sunday
- Wednesday, April 10 - Meal & "Body, Mind, Spirit" - Exploring different expressions of prayer.
- Wednesday, April 17 - Meal & "Doing Justice, Loving Mercy " - How can we be truth-tellers and peace-makers in community and in the world?
- Saturday, April 27 - Cathedral Day: confirmation, reception, reaffirmation