Compline from Saint Mark’s Seattle, for RSCM America’s 2021 National Course | July 17, 2021, 5:30 p.m. Pacific/8:30 Eastern
Saint Mark’s Cathedral and The Compline Choir were honored to be invited by the Royal School of Church Music – America, to contribute a pre-recorded office of Compline to be premiered during their 2021 online Summer Training Course. The service was filmed over two days in April 2021, following pandemic safety protocols and with a strictly limited number of participants: three senior choristers and four members of the Schola (or youth choir) of the Choir School, led by choir school director Rebekah Gilmore, eight adult members of the evensong choir, led by Canon for Cathedral Music Michael Kleinschmidt and eight members of the Compline Choir led by Dr. Jason Anderson.
The complete order of service and repertoire may be seen here.
- Compline will reopen for in-person attendance on August 22, 2021. Sunday morning services are now open to all without pre-registration.
- If you are new to Saint Mark's, wherever you may be located, please get in touch by submitting a Visitors/Newcomers Form here, to let the cathedral know how we might best serve you.
- Once a month, on the first Sunday of the month, a special Newcomers Coffee Hour with Clergy is offered online via Zoom, immediately following the 11 a.m. Sunday morning service. Find the link to join here.
- The weekly cathedral newsletter contains important announcements, offerings, and events. Click here to add yourself to cathedral emails lists.
OTHER WAYS TO WATCH
- If you experience any problems with the video player on this page, you may wish to try joining the simultaneous stream on Facebook or YouTube instead.
Support the Mission and Ministry of Saint Mark's Cathedral
If you watch and enjoy our live-streamed or archived services, please consider making a donation in support of the mission and ministry of this cathedral.
You may also donate using the Venmo mobile app from your smartphone (search for @SaintMarksCathedralSeattle ) Thank you for your generosity.
Leave a Reply