Welcome to Saint Mark's Cathedral
NEW at Saint Mark's
- Sundays and Beyond our weekly newsletter, Sunday, December 14
- Christmas Pageant, Sunday, December 21
- Special offering of Mel Butler's setting of Magnificat, Sunday, December 21
- A Cathedral Christmas 2014: On Christmas Night Seattle Choral Company Concert Friday, December 19
- Preparing for Youth Confirmation
- Advent and Christmas
- Other Featured Events and Announcements
- The Rubric - Summer 2014 (Now available digitally published!)
- The Rubric - Summer 2014 (Prefer to download a pdf? Here's the link you want.)
- Holy Land Pilgrimage January 2016
We invite everyone to join us wherever you are on your faith journey.
- Worship times
- Compline "In a darkened Episcopal cathedral in Seattle, Washington, on Sunday evenings at 9:30 p.m., a group of men chant the Office of Compline, the last monastic office of the day."
- Find the Cathedral
- 2014-2016 Strategic Plan
- Pastoral care If you are in need of urgent pastoral care, please call the hotline at 206.755.2076 and our on-call chaplain will respond as quickly as they are able.
- Learn more about our community.
- Got questions about cathedrals, parishes, Saint Mark's? Check out this video!
- Contact a member of staff
- Sunday service leaflets and other Cathedral publications
- Sunday readings: The Lectionary Page: A Liturgical Calendar for Upcoming Weeks With Links to the Lessons From the Revised Common Lectionary (RCL)
Wednesday, December 17, 4 -9 pm
It’s coming right up! We need some magnolia, cedar, spruce, pine, and fir boughs to green with. Please put any contributions under the fire escape on the north side of the cathedral. Then join us for decorating and enjoy a potluck supper, music, children’s activities & camaraderie.
Thursday, December 18, 7 pm, Thomsen Chapel
For many people Christmas is a complicated season. It is the time when we feel with special acuteness the loss of those who used to be at our Christmas table. We can feel deep aches of grief, even while we are surrounded by all sorts of joyful expressions in the season. Saint Mark’s Cathedral will offer a “Blue Christmas Service” as a holy container for these very real emotions. All are invited to join us for this transforming Eucharist that honors our sense of loss and grief and helps us enter into the holidays more fully.
Celebrating the Ministry of Mel Butler: A Melebration
Tuesday, December 30, 7 pm Cathedral Nave
All are invited to join us for a special Choral Evensong, featuring offerings by multiple choirs and guest musicians and followed by a gala reception. We will celebrate, share stories, and express our thanks for Mel’s extraordinary ministry.